Survivor 9 Vanuatu

This blog will chronicle my thoughts regarding the ninth season of the hit CBS show Survivor Vanuatu.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Episode 2, Good-bye Dolly

or Revenge of the Spirit Stone

The women managed to win the Reward Challenge but lost Immunity and sent Dolly back to her flock of sheep. Before the Immunity competition, Chad said the guys are focusing more on the Spirit Stone now, apparently they were neglecting it before. Did the Spirit Stone help the men win Immunity? We may never know for sure.

Survivor Rule #2:
If you think you're the swing vote then there's a very good chance you're the one being voted off at Tribal Council. Dolly thought she was the swing vote between the Old Gal Alliance and the Sorority Girls and she said good-bye tonight.


Reward Challenge
I'm Not Touching You.
Why did the guys have such a hard time on the balance beam? Are they so homophobic that they didn't want to hold each other as they maneuvered across the beam? I was amazed at Chad. He did well and he's missing half a leg.

Immunity Challenge
You Wanna Piece of This?
As soon as they blindfolded the Castaways, I knew someone was going to get hit with something. Remember Big Tom in All Star Survivor (I think), he took a plank to the head. Although it didn't seem to knock any sense into him. Tonight Jeff winced as one of the women fell hard over one of the pieces.

I don't think Sarge made any friends with his directing/yelling during the IC ("Stop, you are messing me up!"). He was irritating me and I was just watching him on TV.

Tribal Council
Scout: I blew it during the Immunity Challenge. (nice and honest)
Twila: I get a lot of help with work around the camp. (she's a good liar)
Leann: Sleep has been tough so far. (just stating the obvious)
Dolly: I'm getting along well, it's hard being the swing vote. (see Rule #2)
Eliza: I'm worried that I could be voted off. (very perceptive)

Alliances
Don't Trust Anyone Over 30
Ami talked about the split between the old and young in the women's tribe so here are the numbers. Ami 31 years old, Leann 35, Lisa 44, Scout 59 and Twila 41. I bet they all voted for Dolly. Eliza 21, Julie 23, Mia 30 and Dolly 25. I bet they all voted for Leann.

Heroes & Villains
I still like Eliza. I didn't like Dolly, I hate it when Castaways cry. Mia just bugs me. I thought I'd like Scout more but she's too diplomatic. That's why I like Twila, she's a straight talker.

Rory and Chad are cool. Lea "Sarge" and Travis "Bubba" really annoy me; Brady, John P., John K. less so.

Bubba Quote
"I slept like a baby last night. I woke up every five minutes and cried."

Bubba Quote (Episode 1)
"That's easier than pouring pee out of a boot on to a flat rock."

Official Episode Title: Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs and the Old Bunch

Won Immunity: Lopevi Tribe (color red, gender male), plus they won fire.

Won Reward: Yasur Tribe (color yellow, gender female) hammock, pillows, blankets. They had fire already.

Voted off: Dolly, 5 votes to 4.
Leann had 4 votes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home