Survivor 9 Vanuatu

This blog will chronicle my thoughts regarding the ninth season of the hit CBS show Survivor Vanuatu.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Episode 6, Lisa's Slip of the Tongue

or Rory's Still Standing

The Yasur tribe loses both Reward and Immunity challenges (again) and banishes Lisa from Survivor Vanuatu.

Rory was really working it and trying to play his best. The day after the tribal council (which sent off Bubba) Rory gave a little speech. He apologized to the women for getting angry the night before, but that he's just trying to prove himself to them. That he has no loyalties with the other tribe because he doesn't know if he'll see them again. Later privately Rory described his speech as "cheesy". I don't think it really saved him. Ami just decided that if Rory went then the women would turn on each other. Who knows then, Ami could be gone. So it's better to keep Rory around as a pawn.

Reward Challenge
Competition: Hog Catcher, each tribe member must catch two pigs.
Reward: Steak and eggs! (pork chops and apple sauce would have been more fitting)
(note: Scout was the gate keeper for Yasur, Julie for Lopevi)

Eliza stunk up this one, she didn't even get one pig. Later someone, I think it was Leann, asked "did she even get dirty?" Lopevi gathered up their pigs fairly easily and won the reward. Afterwards Eliza was crying and Ami was consoling her. Of course Rory used the opportunity to put forth the idea that Eliza should be voted off. I think Leann let some of her breast slip out while she was collecting pigs. It was brief but I think I caught some pixelation.

Immunity Challenge
Under Water Obstacle Course
Competition: Move pieces of a tiki on a rope through a largely underwater obstacle course. Two castaways on beach assemble the tiki. A lot of repeated diving was involved.

Jeff said that this would wear them out and he was right. Ami and Chris, the first two through, just collapsed on the beach when they finished. The race was even until Leann (Yasur) just couldn't do it. Julie easily finished ahead of her and then John K was the final one from Lopevi and he passed her too! Eliza didn't even get a chance to try.

So Yasur, for the second week in a row, went to Tribal Council.

A slip of the tongue looks like it did in Lisa, but I think Ami was just looking for an excuse to evict one of the women. Ami was going for manioc and asked who else wanted to go. Lisa said she wanted to go so she knows where it is in case Ami is not around later. Ami took this to imply that Lisa wanted Ami voted off the island.

Meanwhile over on Lopevi's beach, Julie sunbathes nude! Sarge said he tried not to look too much (yeah, right), but that it was a fine sight to behold.

Tribal Council
(paraphrased)
Scout: We don't feel worried yet. (she should after the vote)
Leann: I feel a lot responsible for us being here. I'm not a strong swimmer.
Eliza: Am I trustworthy? Yes! (that's my girl)
Lisa: Am I trustworthy? I hope so. (Ami thinks not, good-bye!)
Ami: Loyalty is important.
Rory: I'm on the hot seat. What can I do? I give 110% and ask for a fair chance.

Alliances
On Yasur, the sapphic alliance is no more. The women have turned on themselves. Or rather Ami wanted to get rid of a rival and keep Rory around as a pawn. Scout better watch her ass from now on. Over on Lopevi, Sarge has told Twila that she's in with him, Chris and Chad. I guess that one Twila equals one Bubba. I still wouldn't count out Julie and her feminine ways.

Heroes & Villains
I still like Eliza, she doesn't seem as mouthy now. Ami has turned hard ass, so I like her less now. Is she really in tight with Eliza? Or is Eliza just her pawn? Maybe Eliza is using Ami. Scout is looking like she's out of the loop. On Lopevi I like Julie and John K.

Official Episode Title: Hog Tied

Won Reward: Lopevi, steak and eggs.

Won Immunity: Lopevi

Voted Off: Lisa
Aired: 4 votes for Lisa, 2 votes for Rory.
Lisa and Scout voted for Rory.
(how many votes has Rory had cast against him?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home