Survivor 9 Vanuatu

This blog will chronicle my thoughts regarding the ninth season of the hit CBS show Survivor Vanuatu.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Episode 5, Bye Bye Bubba

or the Earth Moved Under Our Feet

The tribes go coed and the reconstituted Lopevi wins both the Reward and Immunity challenges. Bubba packs up his stupid orange Bob Barker t-shirt and leaves.

"Drop Your Buffs" The New Tribes
Scout, as chief of the women, split the men and women evenly into new tribes (although they kept the old names) and Sarge, as chief of the men, picked which new tribe he wanted to join. Lisa, the extra woman, got to chose which tribe she joined.

Here are the new tribes.
Yasur: Scout, Rory, Eliza, Bubba, Leann, Ami, Lisa
Lopevi: Sarge, Chad, Julie, Chris, Twila, John K.

Reward Challenge Going Down!
Competition: swim out to a buoy, dive down and untie markers, return markers to platform.
Reward: Waterfall, Pringles and beer.
(note: Bubba sat out)

This was a close challenge. As time was running out, it came down to Chris and Ami. Which one would bring up the winning marker? Would you believe Chris? Well, he did it. He beat out Ami to win potato chips and beer for his new tribe. Oh, and the waterfall too. Julie, her red bikini and the waterfall were real easy on the eyes (I may have a new favorite amongst the ladies). Sarge quote: "This tastes like gold." He was referring to the potato chips, not the beer.

Immunity Challenge
Super Karate Monkey Death Canoe
Competition: tribes race to untie parts of a canoe, build the canoe, paddle said canoe out to retrieve tribe flag. (note: Scout sat out)

Lopevi lead pretty much all the way and won immunity.
Chad and John K. paddled for Lopevi, Ami and Bubba for Yasur. "That was some of the worse paddling I've ever seen," Jeff commenting on Ami and Bubba. Before the start of the competition, the Yasur women catch Bubba trying to communicate something with Chris in the other tribe.

Back at the camp Eliza, who's usually very talkative, had trouble finding words. She eventually said that she was reluctant to vote off one of the men because they needed their strength. She quickly lost all doubt when informed it would be a woman then.

Tribal Council
(paraphrased)
Jeff: Are you all truly a new tribe?
Lisa: I enjoy having the men around.
Leann: I haven't made the mental switch yet.
Ami: In the morning I though so, but then I caught Bubba communicating with the other tribe (Chris).
Bubba: I messed up, but I was trying to receive info not send it. I wanted to see if they were going to throw the challenge. (yeah, right)
Jeff: Rory, are you worried?
Rory: Yeah, but I'd be in this position unless we won immunity. (duh!)
Jeff: Bubba and Rory, why should they keep you?
Bubba: I busted my butt and I've never been in the ocean before. I'm a team player.
Rory: I'll give 110% as part of the tribe. I'll go down with the ship.
Scout: I like both Bubba and Rory.

Alliances
In Yasur it's simple. Four women to one man. Rory is gone if Yasur has to go to Tribal Council again. On the other hand, Lopevi should be interesting. John K., who never was one of the Fat Five, should try and team up with Julie and Twila to vote off Chad or, more likely, Chris. I think Julie would be open to such an alliance.

Heroes & Villains
I still like Eliza although Julie has my attention too now. I'm not too fond of Ami, she was a bit of a hard ass tonight. Bye bye Bubba, bye bye; I'm glad you're gone. I'm rooting for John K. now. I think he can make it to the merge (if there is a merge).

Bubba Quote
"I'm sweatin' like a prostitute in a church."
Commenting on how he feels to
be out numbered by the women.

Official Episode Title: Earthquakes and Shake Ups!

Won Immunity: Lopevi

Won Reward: Lopevi

Voted Off: Travis aka Bubba
Aired: 4 votes for Bubba, 1 vote for Rory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home